Sunday, April 6, 2008

Grape Soda, New Shoes, and Nice Things

Words can't describe how much it means to have been in this band for 5+ years and still somehow manage to keep meeting people we can relate to, on some, if not all levels of not just music, but personal backgrounds/life experiences as well. Just knowing that I can still take comfort in knowing that there is someone out there in our little close knit community that we can talk to, and get an equal give and take back, is 100% what keeps our heads in this.

 
For me personally, every time I get to a point where I think there is no one left to relate to, I'm smacked upside the head with a dose of reality in the form of a person doing something that I understand completely. Something as simple as a mannerism, or perhaps a habitual thing done stemming from the environments we may or may not have been raised.  This might seem crazy to some, but to me it make perfect sense. These are the very same things that give me a window to look in to a person's life. 

What I'm getting at here, is that I think I'm speaking for all of Verse when I say this past week, we have had a chance to feel a new sense of relevance and a sense of belonging in HC Punk that came in the form of playing a week of shows with a band called Blacklisted. There are few bands that I personally feel that we have a special bond with these days. Most of our friend's bands have come and gone already since our inception, So it's refreshing to know that there are others out there who hold this very close to them and refuse to never let it go, no matter what obstacles they may face.

Thank you Blacklisted (especially for the new record).

-Sean/verse

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for doing what you do. aggression!

kanga bell said...

I thought this post was about me until the last paragraph haha.
I love how the only tags you put on it were "grape soda" and "orange crush".

<3

Word Whizzle Search Answers said...

word whizzle horse answers